Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Atlanta Airport History
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport has 195 gates spread over two terminals and seven concourses. The Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal is on the east side of the airport, while the Domestic Terminal is on the west side. The Transportation Mall, a pedestrian tunnel with a series of moving walkways, and The Plane Train, an automated people mover, connect the terminals and concourses. Concourses E and F handle all foreign arrivals.
About Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport Terminals
Atlanta Airport Terminals
- Concourse T contains 17 gates.
- Concourse A contains 29 gates.
- Concourse B contains 32 gates.
- Concourse C contains 34 gates.
- Concourse D contains 40 gates.
- Concourse E contains 28 gates.
- Concourse F contains 15 gates.
The most efficient and busiest airport in the world is Atlanta International Airport. It’s also known as Atlanta airport, Hartsfield, or Hartsfield-Jackson, and is named for former Atlanta mayors William B. Hartsfield and Maynard Jackson. The airport is 7 miles (11 kilometers) south of Atlanta’s downtown core.
ATL Airport has been the busiest airport in the world since 1998. It flies to more than 150 destinations in the United States and more than 75 international destinations. On a daily basis, the airport sees an average of 275,000 people.
Every day, there are 2,700 arrivals and departures.
Also known as ATL, this has been the world’s busiest airport by passenger traffic since 1998 and by number of landings and take-offs more often than not since 2005.
Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport - Discover Atlanta
Atlanta Airport (ATL)
At the Atlanta Airport, car rentals are readily available. There are a number of car rental agencies onsite at the airport, and well-known car rental companies provide a wide range of vehicles for airport visitors to pick from.
Seven miles south of Atlanta’s central business district, the Georgia airport accommodated over 100 million passengers and nearly one million flights in 2012 alone, which breaks down to about 260,000 passengers per day. Most of those flights are domestic. ATL is Delta’s primary hub (it accounts for over 75 percent of the airport’s passengers), and a focus city for Frontier, Southwest, and Spirit
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines, and more airlines serve the Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Airport. View the complete list of airlines that fly into Atlanta International Airport.
Airport Important information
Mornings and holidays are the busiest times at the airport. To account for ATL airport security wait times and any probable flight delays, arrive 2 hours (peak travel time 2.5 hours) before an international flight departure and 90 minutes before a domestic flight departure. Take the following measures before leaving your house to catch your flight:
- Confirm your flight with your airline 72 hours before departure, as failure to do so allows your airline to cancel your reservation.
- Double-check that the name on your passport corresponds to the name on your ticket.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, take a few minutes to check at the Atlanta Airport map.
- Use exit 242 to go to the Domestic Terminal (on I-85/75 southbound through downtown Atlanta).
- Use exit 239 to go to the International Terminal and I-75. The MARTA Red/Gold train line connects ATL to the rest of the city.
The ATL Airport Shuttle Service can take you wherever from the airport. You can simply get a ride to any local area thanks to the numerous shuttle and transfer services available.
Amenities & Services
The Hartsfield Jackson ATL Airport offers a variety of amenities and services to make your stay more enjoyable:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars are all available.
- Stores, gift stores, and souvenir shops in the area.
- Shoe shine stations and massage parlors are available.
- There are a number of art installations and displays on display.
- Wi-Fi internet is available for free throughout the airport.
- Change of currency
Tel: (800) 897-1910 Address: 6000 N Terminal Pkwy, Atlanta, GA, 30320, United States
General Information Buffalo Niagara Airport
Food & Drink at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport:
Before your early morning flight, there are a variety of coffee shops to choose from, including Starbucks, Caribou, Dunkin Donuts, and a few non-chain options. Do you have a craving for Chic-Fil-A before a lengthy trip? Concourses A and C are where they are.
Do you want to have a bite to eat before returning your car? The following are some of the places close to our facility:
- Spondivits is located at 1219 Virginia Avenue in Atlanta (American, Seafood, 3.1 miles)
- 3529 Main St, College Park, Simon’s Steak & Seafood (Steakhouse, Seafood, 2.1 miles)
- 3807 Main Street, College Park, Tony Morrow’s BBQ (Barbecue, American, 1.6 miles)
- The Corner Grille is located at 3823 Main Street (American, Cajun & Creole, 1.6 miles)